Influence & Advocacy Committee
The MassCUE Influence & Advocacy Committee educates and collaborates with policy makers to achieve funding and legislation to support the appropriate use of technology in teaching, learning and administration. We work with the DESE to support educational technology in the schools, and recommend MassCUE representatives to serve on the Digital Education Advisory Council. The committee supports MassCUE members individually and collectively to influence local/state/national legislators. We work hard with other affiliates, ISTE and like-minded organizations, towards our organization’s vision by reaching out to global organizations with a similar mission to enhance global learning.
The MassCUE Influence & Advocacy Committee responsibilities include:
- Visit/Collaborate with local and state legislators to educate them to fund educational technology at state and local level that are in the best interests of education
- Advocate for licensure for Technology Directors/Chief Information Officers/District Technology Coordinators
- Inform MassCUE members of important pending legislation regarding technology in education.
- Collaborate with other affiliates and ISTE to advance technology in schools to improve teaching and learning.
Each MassCUE Committee is made up of a dedicated team of volunteers. The following make up the current Influence & Advocacy Committee Chairs and Committee Members.
“Zealous” describes my attitude toward life and learning. I have worked as an aide, substitute, and a high school…
Tracy Sockalosky is a 7th grade Social Studies teacher and the Social Studies Curriculum Leader at Wilson Middle School…
- Leo Brehm
- Julia Colby
- Daniel Downs
- Chris Gosselin
- Steve Guditus
- Matt Joseph
- Beth Knittle
- John Marcus
- Mary Marotta
- Shereen Tyrrell
- Isa Zimmerman
- Rayna Freedman (President)
- Shelley Chamberlain (Executive Director)
Latest News & Updates
Influence & Advocacy Committee Connecting on Social Media The MassCUE Influence and Advocacy committee is focused on achieving the goal to educate and collaborate with policy makers to achieve funding and legislation to support the appropriate use of technology in teaching, learning and administration. As a MassCUE committee, we work with the DESE to support educational technology in the ...Continue Reading