The Grants Committee promotes and administers initiative grants and scholarships to members. The Grants Committee administers Event Sponsorship requests from members.
The grant application process for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed. Please stay tuned to learn who this year’s classroom grant recipients will be!
Congratulations Grant Winners for 2020!
MassCUE is excited to announce the grant recipients for 2020. These grants are intended to provide recipients with an opportunity to bring new innovative ideas into their classrooms. This year the process was highly competitive with a large number of high quality proposals. MassCUE would like to thank everyone who submitted a proposal and congratulate the winning applicants. All grant recipients will receive an email with detailed directions on how to apply for reimbursement. The deadline for submitting all necessary documentation is May 1, 2020.
|Anthony Amitrano||Whitin Works Lab||Northbridge Public Schools|
|Emily Goodwin||Dartmouth is Popping with Podcasts!: Media & Tech to Support Collaborative & Reflective Learning||Dartmouth Public Schools|
|Michael Dreesen||X-Carve the Future||Woburn Public Schools|
|Barbara Murray||Doherty Middle School Graduation Video||Andover Public Schools|
|Jennifer Skowronek||iMac = Movie Editing for Everyone||Norton Public Schools|
|Kyle Kirshenbaum||Physical Computing with Arduino boards||North Attleborough Public Schools|
|Brenda Doucette||Creating Engaged Students with Digital Photography||North Attleborough Public Schools|
|Elana Milstein||Podcasting in the MS Classroom||Canton Public Schools|
|Elisabeth Arthur||De*Coding and En*Coding||Weymouth Public Schools|
Congratulations to this year’s recipients of the 2020 MassCUE/MASCD Spring Leadership Conference Administrator Scholarship!
Dan Ambrosio is a former Library Media Specialist for Fairfax County Public Schools and now serves as a District Technology Integration Specialist for Foxborough Public Schools. Dan is a site coordinator for Project Lead the Way as well as a club facilitator for Girls Who Code.
Tracey Kenney is the proud mother of 4 adult children and grandmother of 1 granddaughter. She is a passionate educator with 25 years in public education and the current Principal of Leicester High School.
MassCUE is a proud sponsor of many educational events!
To apply for a sponsorship please follow the procedure outlined below.
Approval Process for Event Sponsorships
*Any event recommended for approval by the Grants Committee must support the mission and vision of MassCUE and must be open to all.
- Notification of the Masscue Sponsorships will be sent out in April for the following fiscal year(July to July)
- The request will be made to the Chairs of the Grants Committee (Online Application) by May 15th. We will accept rolling applications after May 15th but are limited to our budgeted amount.
- The person making the request for Sponsorship of their event must be a MassCUE Member.
- The written request should address the criteria below.
- The request will be presented to the Grants Committee Members for discussion.
- A rubric will be used to score each application and the final decision will be determined by the Grants Committee.
- In the case that there are more eligible proposals than we can sponsor, preference will be given to those who we have never sponsored as long as they meet the criteria.
- Grants Committee members will notify applicants after June 15th who receive Sponsorship by July 1st.
- Any rolling application will be notified within 30 days of the date of submission.
The Event should align with at least one of our four Goals:
- To educate, connect and inspire the educational community across Massachusetts
- To increase and diversify programs and services
- To improve mutually beneficial partnerships
- To improve operations and governance of MassCUE
In order for MassCue to Sponsor an Event, the following criteria will be reviewed.
The event to be sponsored:
- Leverages knowledge and expertise to educate and inspire the educational community
- Increases and diversifies programs and services
- Accomplishes more than MassCUE could alone
- Aims to improve teaching and learning in the Commonwealth
- Maintains MassCUE’s commitment to high standards
- Enhances and expands MassCUE’s reach
- Provides high-quality professional learning
- Creates excitement about technology in education
- Promotes and encourages MassCUE membership
- Is open and free to all MassCUE members
- The event should occur no sooner than 30 days from the date of the request.
- The event should be run by volunteers whose primary job is the education of Massachusetts children in a school setting.
During the event the member facilitating the event will acknowledge the sponsorship from MassCUE
During the event the member facilitating the event will acknowledge the sponsorship from MassCUE.
Within thirty days after the event, the member facilitating the event will write and submit an article, including 3 photos, about the event for MassCUE’s online newsletter OnCUE. The article should be submitted via email to: OnCUE@masscue.org
Board Members eligibility
*If a Board member is part of the planning group for an event, there should be no penalty against the group of educators, and the proposal for sponsorship must be allowed. Board members who apply for this sponsorship may not participate in scoring of applications.
The MassCUE Grants Committee serves to promote and administer initiative grants to members; identify grants and coordinate the writing of proposals to benefit MassCUE.
The Grant Committee’s responsibilities include:
- Design and facilitation of grants for MassCUE members to encourage activities that will strongly support and demonstrate:
- Integrated technology
- Standards-based learning
- Enhanced student achievement
- Development of instructional technology competency
- Dissemination of sustainable results back to MassCUE members and others.
- Follow up of Grant recipient’s requirements as stated in grant
Each MassCUE Committee is made up of a dedicated team of volunteers. The following make up the current Grants Committee Chairs and Committee Members.
- Stephanie Gosselin
- Bonnie Nieves
- Kevin Sullivan
- Anne Velluzi
- Rayna Freedman (President)
- Jared Perrine (Interim President-elect)
- Shelley Chamberlain (Executive Director)
Latest News & Updates
- No news or updates to report at this time. Please check back often.