Bylaws, Policies and Procedures
Approved April 10, 2019
Charge: Review policies and recommend revisions. Create new policies, procedures and guidelines. Evaluate, record, and update bylaws, policies, guidelines and procedures.
Optimal number of members: 0
Chair will request appropriate Board members as needed to collaborate on preparation of new or revised documents to present to the Board for approval. These tasks would be short term and temporary – usually only 1 or 2 meetings online, by email or shared docs.
- Review of all standing committee’s policies and procedures
- Keep a record of Board approved changes related to policies and procedures
- Review the bylaws annually and record the amended documents.
- The committee will collect proposed bylaw changes which have been recommended.
- The committee will review all proposals from any member and submit the final document to the Board for discussion and a vote.
- The committee will present the recommendations to the membership at the general meeting for a vote.
- Deliberate on suggestions from the Board, BPP Committee members and the general membership.
- Research and write new policies or guidelines as deemed necessary.
- Review existing policies for relevancy and present any changes to the Board for a vote.
- Proposed policies will be recommended by the Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures Committee and posted to Board members for review.
- After a policy has been approved by the Board, the Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures Committee will archive the decision.
- Chairperson(s) of each committee will submit procedure changes to the Bylaws, Policies and Procedures Committee for review.
- The BPP Committee will present the changes to the Board for approval.
- The BPP Committee Chair will update the Abstracts and Procedures as changes are made.
- The BPP Committee Chair will update the Procedures for the Committee section of the web page.
Print this page