Awards and Recognition Committee
September 13, 2019
Charge: Oversee awards and recognitions handed out by the Board.
Optimal number of members: 2 or more
- Open nominations from members for awards.
- Review/update rubric.
- Assess and score accomplishments.
- Select date/place to read applications and choose recipients.
- Edit Administrator and Pathfinder Application
- Edit Administrator and Pathfinder Letter to Superintendent
- Edit Press Release Template
- Purchase Awards/ Prepare Certificates
Annotated Timeline: (date, action, responsibility)
- Post Administrator and Pathfinder application, rubric and criteria link on the MassCUE website
- Publish in newsletter.
June – July:
- Application Submission Deadline
- Committee Reviews and scores applications and votes to determine the winner(s).
- Committee members who work with a nominee will abstain from scoring for that person.
- Committee members who nominated someone in a category will abstain from scoring all nominees in that category.
- Committee Prepares Communication to Board recommending recipients.
- Chair of Committee forwards recommended recipients to Board for approval.
- President notifies award winners who were approved by the Board.
- President notifies recipient’s Superintendent of Award.
- The letter to the award winner and the Superintendent should include an invitation to the annual President’s Dinner which is held the evening prior to the Fall Conference.
- Review Committee Procedures for editing and send a communication to the BPP Chair for review. BPP Chair makes the recommendation for approval.
- Purchase Awards and Certificates.
- The Awards are presented at the MassCUE Annual Fall Conference.
- Post recipients on website and in on Cue online just after Fall Conference.
- Send Press Releases to Executive Director for publication following the Fall Conference.
Print this page