Communications and Marketing Assistant
30 hours per week at $25 per hour
Expected hiring date: November 1, 2021
Associate or bachelor’s degree from a two or four-year college
Competence in the following areas:
- Recognize and resolve problems with minimal administrative intervention.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks at one time with frequent interruptions.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Perform with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical ability with intermediate to advanced skill as indicated in principal tasks
- Communicate clearly using a variety of social media sites in the field of education. (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
MassCUE is seeking a highly competent and motivated Communications and Marketing Assistant who is task-oriented and has strong organizational skills. The Assistant maintains the MassCUE website and coordinates the marketing efforts tied to MassCUE’s marketing plan.
Reports to: the Executive Director
Communications: Website Management and Support (approx. 12 hours per week)
- Create/Maintain communications editorial calendar as indicated in MassCUE’s marketing plan (draft at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K46eNzseKljD9uXGCo9JSkX9HLkcvNT1xxqmPQkg8rU/edit#)
- Support Featured Educator Monthly Post on website
- Create event pages using Wordpress (e.g. fall/spring conferences and special events (Googlepalooza and Summer Tech Camp)
- Develop and maintain masscue.org as required (content to be provided by ED & Communications Committee)
Skills include: In-depth knowledge of WordPress to include basic page creation, cloning, page-builder, widgets & plug-ins, embedded calendars, revision history/restoral, Google Forms/Sheets.
Marketing: (includes Social Media) (approx. 12 hours per week)
- Oversee and execute tasks as outlined in MassCUE’s marketing plan
- Provide guidance on branding & best practices aligned with organizational marketing plan & branding guidelines
- Create collateral pieces for marketing and events as needed
- Advertise MassCUE happenings through digital marketing tools following MassCUE branding guidelines.
- Work with Viaspire (Digital Marketing Firm) to produce updated organizational graphics on an ongoing basis, as well as annually for website & marketing.
Skills include: Excel, Google Sheets, Canva Pro, SproutSocial scheduling tool + reporting/analytics, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
System Administration: (approx. 2 hours per week)
- Maintain nonprofit Google Domain & YouTube Channel.
Skills include: Google Admin panel, YouTube channel admin
Virtual Events Management: (approx. 3 hours per week)
- Configure virtual event platforms which are secured for registered attendees only.
Skills include: SCHED system set up, attendee export/import, SCHED security/login features including private and public views, Zoom meeting set up (non-public), Zoom breakout rooms.
Administrative: (approx. 1 hour per week)
- Attend once a month online meeting with MassCUE Communications Committee
- Attend online weekly meeting with Executive Director and staff. (Office Assistant, Learning Services Assistant, and Vendor Relations Assistant)
Interested candidates please email letter of interest and resume to Shelley Chamberlain (email@example.com)
Deadline for application: October 12, 2021
Note: This position does not include health benefits.
We are in need of volunteer(s) in the following areas:
There are no positions currently available. Check back regularly for updates.Print this page