MassCUE is looking for a year-round Social Media Ambassador to support our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social media channels. If you’re an educator in the Commonwealth, a social media junkie who loves building community, and sharing information over digital channels, this position is for you!
Massachusetts Computer Using Educators (MassCUE) is a non-profit affiliate of ISTE. MassCUE provides educators, administrators and technical personnel with a forum for the advancement of education through technology. MassCUE strives to be a catalyst of innovation in education by strengthening relationships among educators, leading pedagogical change, and empowering schools with world-class professional development opportunities. See more information about MassCUE at www.masscue.org.
Position Responsibilities Overview
The ideal candidate is not only knowledgeable about social media and the ever-changing digital space, but is also passionate about the use of technology in education. He/she will work with the Executive Director along with the Communications & Marketing Assistant and Communications Committee to promote MassCUE to help implement a social media strategy that encompasses the following areas:
This is a year round position starting July 1, 2019. Primary responsibilities include:
- Promote MassCUE’s Mission and Vision through social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Follow the social media policy (guidelines)
- Tweet about MassCUE events, relevant information and Edtech updates to MassCUE followers using SproutSocial
- Engage with followers with favorites/likes and replies
- Access MassCUE media using Canva
- Build MassCUE’s followers and following (analyze as needed using SproutSocial)
- Meet with Communications Committee and advise the Social Media Sub-Committee during monthly online meetings
- Implement the social media plan according to MassCUE’s Marketing Plan calendar
- Organize event social media ambassadors for fall and spring conferences.
- An educator or professional working in the field of education in Massachusetts.
- Strong communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with current and evolving technology related to field of experience.
- Experience with social media outlets
- Passion and knowledge around educational technology.
Position is based on 16 hours per month for a stipend of $350, as well as complimentary admission to MassCUE conferences and events.
Qualified candidates are requested to apply using this online application form by Friday, May 13, 2019. Applicants will be required to sign into a personal Google account in order to complete the application, which will require a resume and two letters of recommendation be uploaded in PDF format.
Strong candidates will be contacted for any additional information and an interview.Print this page