Assistive Technology SIG
As the availability of assistive technology to support all learners continues to increase, so too does the necessity to evaluate the processes by which tools are selected, implemented and continually monitored for success. To these ends, MassCUE Assistive Technology SIG will be dedicated to the focus of strong implementation of Assistive Technology to support student learning with the following core values in mind:
- Support for students with moderate disabilities to become more independent learners
- Sharing experiences, resources and best practices
- Looking at innovations in an ever-changing field
- Assessment of the Quality indicators of Assistive Technology
- Development of consistent methods by which educators can evaluate individual student consideration based on need, assessment and implementation of AT from the beginning stages, through evaluation and implementation, and continued monitoring for student success
This MassCUE Special Interest Group is open to classroom educators of every grade, instructional leaders and coaches, special educators, and specialized service providers. Meetings will be bi-monthly on a virtual meeting platform.
Interested in the Assistive Technology SIG?
About MassCUE Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
MassCUE Special Interest Groups (SIGs) represent a growing network of connected educators, serving every grade level and subject area. Our objective is to transform education by sharing, collaborating and providing professional growth opportunities that affect best practices.
We encourage new SIGs to consider focusing on using 21st Century tools to promote critical thinking and globalization. No matter the type of SIG, the focus should be to develop pedagogy that integrates technology, improving teaching and learning. MassCUE SIGs provide the opportunity for educators to achieve this goal throughout our organization and state.
Meeting and Event Schedule
Meetings will be bi-monthly on a virtual meeting platform. Dates to be determined.
Print this page