BC -> DE: Building Capacity through Digital Equity
MassCUE is thrilled to offer BC→DE: Building Capacity through Digital Equity, a 25 hour personalized and customizable professional learning opportunity for all educators, everywhere. Through engaging in a series of choice-based and district-aligned professional learning experiences, our goal is to support you to build your district’s capacity for leveraging technology through an equity lens to level the playing field for your students.
For more information or to register your educators, please reach out to Jen Thomas, Professional Learning & Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Start their learning with “Module Zero,” a resource that will define equity
- Choose their learning topic, pace & pathway
- Receive 5 hours of individualized coaching
- Design relevant professional learning opportunities and create products to share with peers
- Model the use of edtech for equity
- The goals for BC->DE are to build capacity around the use of edtech for equity.
- Unlimited access to a curated choice board will be made available to all participating educators. This collection of professional learning resources will function as a personalized learning platform.
- A single-point rubric will be used to evaluate all professional learning artifacts that participating educators create. This rubric will be provided at the participating group’s kickoff meeting as it is designed to guide the work as well as assess final products.
- The MassCUE Professional Learning and Program Coordinator will provide up to 5 hours of coaching as well as ongoing logistical and content support for all participants.
Yes to both!
- We will provide a choice board from which participants may choose ANY option(s).
- One of the options is an independent study, pending topic approval.
- It depends! This will vary by selection as we are committed to providing flexible learning experiences. The choice board includes options that are:
- For example, one participant could pursue their Level 1 Google Certification. While another participant could dig into topics around digital citizenship. All participants will be responsible for creating a product of their learning, which will be highly individualized.
- Shortly after the group of educators is enrolled, the MassCUE Professional Learning and Program Coordinator will organize a kickoff meeting.
- The Coordinator will monitor progress & will work to support the success of all participants through individualized coaching.
- This is ideal for an independent study (as described above).
- Since the goal of this grant is to build capacity, participants are encouraged to align their efforts with the priorities of the district, school, or classroom.
- Registration for this program is on a rolling basis. Educators, Schools, and Districts may register and complete the work within a timeframe that is most convenient for them.
- We highly encourage districts to provide participating educators a stipend for this work. For reference, the districts who qualified to do this work with us supported by a DESE grant are receiving an $800 stipend for their 25 hours upon completion of the work.
- $500 per educator with discounts available for school or district bulk purchasing.