Are you a new Technology Director or aspiring to become one?
Join our new professional learning community and connect with other Technology Directors. Based on the CoSN CTO Standards, we will explore the different facets of being the technology leader of a school district.
The six online sessions will be:
- Leadership: technology planning, policies, ethics, SMART Goals
- Communication: technology tools, building relationships, telling the story
- Staff Management: team building, evaluation, hiring
- Business Management: budgeting, purchasing, managing vendors
- Professional Development: meaningful PD, staying up-to-date, curriculum standards, developing a collaborative culture
- Managing Technology and Data: IT, systems, networks, data management
All sessions will be facilitated with additional resources and readings offered between sessions.
Course: Six Online Sessions
|Audience||New or aspiring Technology Directors|
|Dates||Six Online Sessions: 9/27, 10/25, 11/22, 1/31, 3/28, 5/30|
|Location||Online, Google Hangouts and Slack|
|MassCUE Member Cost||$250.00|
|Optional 1 Graduate Credit Pending||At the first class, participants may choose to register for one (1) graduate credit through Worcester State University for an additional fee of $125.|
Wendy Haskell retired as Director of Technology and Libraries from the Falmouth Public Schools after 34 years in education. Her first 15 years were spent teaching computer science followed by 19 years as a Technology Director. She is currently the part-time Technology Integration Consultant for the North River Collaborative. In addition to her career in education, she has served on the MassCUE and METAA Boards and the DESE panel to write the new Digital Literacy and Computer Science Framework.
Sign Up for This Workshop
New Technology Directors’ PLC Online Workshop Six Online Sessions: September, 2016 – May, 2017Register Now