MassCUE will be hosting Education Evolution, a learning showcase in the Hall of Flags at the State House, to share with our legislators the incredible work we are doing in our classrooms throughout Massachusetts. To make this day the success we envision, we are seeking dynamic student and teacher teams to represent the innovative learning practices happening in our classrooms and our schools across the Commonwealth.
The Education Evolution Mission:
The students of today are not the students of yesterday. WIFI, social media, and devices in the pockets of students are more powerful than computers of a decade ago, shifting student access to media and curriculum and therefore changing the expectations of the skills needed for our students to compete in a global society. As career pathways of the future evolve and transform, so too must our classrooms. Join us and let the students of today’s classrooms share their creativity, their passion for learning, and the tools and resources that are invaluable to their learning and their school experience.
The Education Evolution event is seeking the following:
- Student groups (no more than 2-4 students) from districts across all grade levels and locations in the Commonwealth.
- One lead educator and co-educator preferred.
- If accepted, the lead educator will contact local legislature and superintendent/head of school to join the event.
There will be two showcase sessions: 9:30am- 11:15am and 11:45am – 1:30pm.
A few important logistics:
- Student/Teacher teams are responsible for transportation to/from the event.
- Student/Teacher teams will be required to complete a media release form.
- Student/Teacher teams will be responsible for their own meals.
We encourage you to consider joining us for this exciting inaugural event. If you are interested, please complete this Request for Proposal Form no later than Friday, April 26th. We will let you know by Monday, May 6th, if your proposal has been accepted. If you have any questions, please email Tracy Sockalosky, firstname.lastname@example.org.