Learn How You Can Become a SIG Leader
Do you have an idea for a SIG which you would like to lead?
Each SIG is led by a leader or leaders who plan and coordinate activities for the group.
By becoming a SIG Leader you can:
- Make your school a center of teacher-centered professional development.
- Provide colleagues with ongoing opportunities to share technology integration ideas.
- Learn first hand about new developments in educational technology.
- Make many new professional contacts.
- Develop your skills as an educational leader
A SIG Leader has specific qualities. You should possess:
- strong people skills
- good organizational skills
- interest in the educational technology
- a willingness to be a facilitator, who helps people improve themselves, as teachers and professionals
Other than that, the experience will come by doing. MassCUE will provide you with the necessary financial support for starting and running your SIG. We will also provide you with advice and guidance through our SIG support network.
Want more information?
Contact Sarah Boyle, SIG Coordinator, to learn more.
View Our SIG Directory
Check out the MassCUE SIG Directory to view all of our active special interest groups (SIGs), including SIG Leader contact information.
Print this page