Where: Gillette Stadium
When: October 22, 2019 (9:30 am to 12:30 pm) with lunch provided
(The day before the Massachusetts Computer Using Educators Conference in partnership with the Massachusetts School Superintendents Association.)
Team up for Tech is a morning event that is part of the Governor’s STEM Week, to inspire high school students to see themselves in STEM careers using computer science. Computing jobs are the #1 source of new wages in the US, with 500,000 current unfilled openings.
In Massachusetts, according to statistics from code.org, there are 17,589 open computing jobs yet:
- Less that ½ High Schools teach computer science
- Only 2,641 college graduates had computer science degrees
- Only 4,181 students took an Advanced Placement Computer Science course – fewer students than for any other STEM subject, and only 24% were women.
- In the entire state, only 750 girls took an advanced programming course
At the Team Up for Tech Event, eight classrooms from different school districts, (200 high school students) and their teachers will get an opportunity to experience computer science through two technology workshops given by nationally recognized curriculum providers and technology companies. These workshops will be offered in the luxury suites at Gillette, and after the workshops, lunch is provided as well as an opportunity for a keynote speaker.
The morning benefits both students and their teachers:
- Students will participate in two coding lessons featuring curricula and experts, such as Code.org, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, PLTW, CodeHS, App Inventor, Bootstrap and Scratch.
- Teachers will receive information on curricula, professional development, licensure, and additional support for the start or expansion of computer science course offerings in their high school.
Vendor Sponsorship Costs include:
- Coding lesson for your sponsored classroom and one other classroom attending that morning.
- Rental and cleaning of luxury suite at Gillette
- Bus transportation for your sponsored classroom (25 students and 2 teachers)
- Lunch for your sponsored classroom (25 students and 2 teachers)
- Visibility as part of the State’s STEM Week
Silver: $1,500-Companies exhibiting at MassCUE Fall Conference 2019 (Oct. 23 and 24, 2019)
Bronze: $2,000-Companies not attending MassCUE Fall Conference 2019
Gold: $3,000 – Company provides 15 minute inspirational keynote to all 200 students and teachers (in addition to 2 coding sessions)
Vendors will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. A total of 8 companies will be selected. All participating schools will make a short presentation at a school committee meeting during the 2019-2020 school year with special recognition to the sponsoring company.
If you are interested in the Team up for Tech sponsorship please contact Karen Forbes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-448-9078
Print this post