MassCUE Election Process Spring 2017
MassCUE is seeking nominations for the following elected positions: President, President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer. Nominations may be made by self-nomination, nomination by another member, or nomination by the elections committee. Nominees must be members of MassCUE for at least 1 year prior to the election.
Any Regular Member who is a current or retired teacher, or other employee of an educational entity in the state of Massachusetts, or a full time student, age 18 or over, shall be eligible for nomination and election to the MassCUE Board of Directors. Educational entities, for the purpose of these Bylaws, shall include public, private, and charter schools, educational collaboratives, colleges and universities.
In addition to the Executive Board, there are seven appointed positions to the Board that are done in conjunction with the election of officers. Anyone interested in serving on the Board in one of the appointed positions is encouraged to apply.
Newly elected Governing Board members will serve as full voting members alongside outgoing Governing Board members for the first six months after election to ensure a smooth transition. (2 1⁄2-year term; May 2017 – October 2019; during May 2017- October 2017 the newly elected board members will work with the existing board members).
- Feb 20 – March 10, 2017: Submission of nomination papers (See submission info below). Nomination Papers must arrive on or before March 10, 2017.
- March 13, 2017: Statement and instructions for voting will be published in the electronic newsletter, on the MassCUE website and through the membership list via email.
- April 9 – 16 2017 –Voting window
- Post results on Website
- Email results to Membership
- May 16, 2017 Newly elected board members attend their first board meeting
Submission of nomination papers must be made via email and received by March 10, 2017. They should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Once received you will receive confirmation with 7 days of receipt.
Nominations and background statements should be directed to the Election Committee. Please include the following in your submission:
- Name of nominee
- Phone number
- Name of nominating member (if applicable)
- Letter of intent
- Background statement (NO MORE THAN 150 WORDS) outlining qualifications, philosophy, and/or goals.
- Small picture of nominee for website
Winners will be notified within one week of voting closure and made public via website and the next membership electronic newsletter.
Any questions email email@example.com