December 10, 2018
Charge: Promote and administer initiative grants and scholarships to members. Administer Event Sponsorship requests from members.
Optimal number of members: 5 – 10
Grants Committee members and Board members are ineligible for a MassCUE grant.
Grants Committee members and Board members should not be the primary recipients of Sponsorship funds.
- Design and facilitate grants for MassCUE members to encourage activities that will strongly support and demonstrate:
- Integrated technology
- Standards-based learning
- Enhanced student achievement
- Development of instructional technology competency
- Dissemination of sustainable results back to MassCUE members and others.
- Follow up of Grant recipient’s requirements as stated in grant
- Communicate to the members.
- Read and evaluate the proposals.
- Report to Board for a final vote of approval at the February meeting.
- Notify the recipients.
- Post to the web page.
- Facilitate the reimbursements.
- Communicate with the grantees as necessary.
Scholarships: provide MassCUE scholarships for attendance at the Fall and Spring Conferences for an educator who has never attended before.
- Announce the scholarship opportunity.
- Define the time span for applying from opening to deadline
- Define the requirements for applicants.
- Describe what the scholarship covers.
- Verify the applicant’s membership status, if this is a requirement of the scholarship.
- Select the winner by lottery at the specified time and location.
- Notify the winner, and publish to the membership.
- Remind the winner(s) of the obligation agreed upon in the application.
- Abide by the Board Sponsorship Procedures 
- Promote Sponsorship Opportunities
- Review Sponsorship Applications 
- CompleteRubric for Sponsorship Applicants
- Make Recommendations to the Board for Sponsorship Activities
- Communicate to Members who are awarded Sponsorship Funds
- Remind Members of Sponsored Events of responsibility to report to Communications Committee.
Other Category: (as needed by committee)
Annotated Timeline: (date, action, responsibility)
Annotated Timeline for Grants Procedures:
- August-September: Notify members about the upcoming Grant opportunities.
- October: Call for Proposals with opening and closing dates and reference to requirements.
- December-January: Evaluation and Selection
- February: Notifications to all who submitted a proposal
- February: Publish Grant Recipients on web page, and in a membership blast.
- April 1: Reimbursements deadline reminder to successful candidates
- May 15: Reimbursements deadline
Annotated Timeline for Scholarship Procedures:
- April-May: Notification of Fall Conference Scholarship opportunity and reference to requirements to members via web page, and in a membership blast.
- June: Draw name of qualified candidates at the Annual General Meeting.
- June: Notify the winners and publish the news on the web page and in a membership blast.
- September: Update Scholarships via website & social media
- December: Reminder to recipient to submit a blog on the fall conference
- October: Notification of Spring Conference scholarship opportunity and reference to requirements to members via web page and in a membership blast.
- January: Draw name of qualified candidates at Board Meeting.
- January: Notify the winners and publish the news on the web page and in a membership blast.
- April: Reminder to recipients of their obligation agreed upon in the application.
Annotated Timeline for Sponsorship Procedures:
- August: Reminder email regarding pictures/write-up to be sent to Communications Committee for publication in OnCUE.
- September: Update Sponsorships via website & social media.
- October: Promote Sponsorship Opportunities at CUE Table at Fall Conference.
- November: Review Sponsorship Procedures.
- January: Promote Website/Social Media for Promotion of Sponsorship Opportunities.
- April: Notification of the Masscue Sponsorships will be sent out in April for the following fiscal year(July to July).
- May 15th -June 15th: Review and Score Sponsorship Applications.
Accept rolling applications after May 15th but must stay within budgeted amount.
Ongoing reviewing of applications.
- June 15th-July 1st: Notify members who receive Sponsorship.