May 10, 2018
Charge: Promote and administer initiative grants and scholarships to members. Administer Event Sponsorship requests from members.
Optimal number of members: 5 – 10
Goals and Responsibilities:
- Design and facilitategrants for MassCUE members to encourage activities that will strongly support and demonstrate:
- Integrated technology
- Standards-based learning
- Enhanced student achievement
- Development of instructional technology competency
- Dissemination of sustainable results back to MassCUE members and others.
- Follow up of Grant recipient’s requirements as stated in grant
- Communicate to the members
- Read and evaluate the proposals
- Report to Board for a final vote of approval at the February meeting.
- Notify the recipients
- Post to the web page
- Facilitate the reimbursements
- Communicate with the grantees as necessary
Provide scholarships for attendance at the Fall Conference which includes free registration for 2 days and a hotel room for one night for a MassCUE member who has never attended before.
- Announce and explain the scholarship opportunity with a entry deadline.
- Verify the applicant’s membership status.
- Select the winner at the annual General Meeting by lottery.
- Notify the winner, and publish to the membership.
- Abide by the Board Sponsorship Procedures 
- Promote Sponsorship Opportunities
- Review Sponsorship Applications 
- CompleteRubric for Sponsorship Applicants
- Make Recommendations to the Board for Sponsorship Activities
- Communicate to Members who are awarded Sponsorship Funds
- Remind Members of Sponsored Events of responsibility to report to Com Com
Other Category: (as needed by committee)
Annotated Timeline: (date, action, responsibility)
Annotated Timeline for Grants Procedures:
- August-September: Notify members about the upcoming Grant opportunities.
- October: Call for Proposals with opening and closing dates and reference to requirements.
- December-January: Evaluation and Selection
- February: Notifications to all who submitted a proposal
- February: Publish Grant Recipients on web page, and in a membership blast.
- April 1: Reimbursements deadline reminder to successful candidates
- May 15: Reimbursements deadline
Annotated Timeline for Scholarship Procedures:
- April-May: Notification of scholarship opportunity and reference to requirements to members viaweb page, and in a membership blast.
- June: draw name of qualified candidates at the Annual General Meeting.
- June: Notify the winners and publish the news on the web page and in a membership blast.
- September: Update Sponsorships via website & social media
- December– reminder to recipient to submit a blog on the fall conference
Annotated Timeline for Sponsorship Procedures:
- August:Reminder email regarding pictures/write-up to be sent to Communications Committee for publication in OnCUE
- September:Update Sponsorships via website & social media
- October:Promote Sponsorship Opportunities at CUE Table at Fall Conference
- November:Review Sponsorship Procedures
- January:Promote Website/Social Media for Promotion of Sponsorship Opportunities
- April: Notification of the Masscue Sponsorships will be sent out in April for the following fiscal year(July to July)
- May 15th -June 15th:Review and Score Sponsorship Applications.
(Accept rolling applications after May 15th but must stay within budgeted amount)
(Ongoing reviewing of applications)
- June 15th-July 1st: Notify members who receive Sponsorship.